If you are reading this article, you are going to give a talk at our conference. We would really like the talk to be successful: technically advanced, vibrant and memorable.
Please, disсuss the details of your transfer with Andrei Dmitriev in advance:
- Russian Visa (if needed)
- Arrival & departure dates
- Flight tickets
When preparing the talk
- The most important thing is to come up with the goal of your talk. Please, keep it in mind when preparing and giving your talk.
- You'll have 50 minutes to give your talk including questions & answers. Please reserve 10 minutes for Q&A session.
- When your slides are done, please send them to us as a PDF file. The sooner the better but no later than two days before the Conference day. We'll need it for a backup laptop.
- Please, make sure the title of your talk corresponds to its content. In case of a mismatch, please change it.
- From our point of view, the most important features of a talk are:
- Practical applicability
- technical depth
- simple examples
- speaker's presentation skills on stage
- Important things concerning your presentation:
- Ratio: 16x9 only!
- Slide numbers
- Font should be large, so your text and listings could be seen from the last row
- Color schemes should be contrast
- Include your contact information: email, twitter, blog etc on one of the slides.
Slides should not be overloaded.
- Slides only help you to deliver the information.
- The primary tool used to deliver the information is your voice and body language
Don't be surprised in case we ask you to have a rehearsal of your talk.
This may happen a couple of months before the Conference in the following cases:
- we'd like to adopt your talk in such a way that it would better fit to the topic of our conference and to the expected audience
- there are more talks than time slots and we'll have to decide which ones to pick
- we'd like you to adjust some particular details of your talk or presentation
- Please decide whether you'd like to use your own laptop for the presentation or our one.
- In the latter case — please provide your slides in PDF in advance. If you use PPT, PPTX, HTML, Keynote etc. — please convert it to PDF and send us
- If you prefer to use your laptop — please inform us on the following:
- What is the model of your laptop (vendor & model)?
- Which Operating System does it have?
- Which video connectors does it have? We need one of the following: HDMI, D-Sub (VGA), Mini DisplayPort (MiniDP, Thunderbolt) but HDMI is preferable.
- We provide the following equipment: a backup laptop, presenter (Logitech R700 or like), wireless microphone, wireless headset, Full HD projector(s), monitor-prompter;
- If you need any additional equipment, please inform us two weeks in advance. Otherwise, we don't guarantee it will be provided.
- Please consider the following:
- your talk will be recorded on video
- it will be broadcasted live on the Internet
- and published on Youtube
- A photographer will take photos of you and post them online.
- your talk will be recorded on video
The day before the Conference
- If you happen to be in Saint-Petersburg the day before the Conference, please be kind to visit the venue and make sure that:
- your equipment works and connects to our stuff,
- we have all you may need for the talk.
- We would like to invite you to the special speaker's dinner the evening before the Conference. The details will be available a week in advance.
During the talk
- Before starting the talk, please make sure you mobile phone is switched off.
- Please repeat the questions from the audience which are asked without a microphone. This is needed for the video record.
- You may tell the audience whether the questions are asked during or after the talk.
- Please reserve about 10 minutes for questions & answers.
- In case you have any difficulties or inconveniences during your talk, e.g. malfunctioning equipment, you'd like a bottle of water etc. — please tell about that to the track owner or anyone from the staff
- If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact Andrei Dmitriev (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Tatyana Mamedova (email@example.com)